#1 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Framework Version:the latest!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Dear staff,

I was wondering is it possible to fix the header and footer but have the content left scrolling? I added 'position:fixed' to the #header but that did not work. I'm using the branding option.

Tamar

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi Tamar,

You can add the following to your site, which will reduce the min-height of your site. However, your sidebar image is also causing the space at the bottom of your content, I recommend you reduce the size of this image, if you do not like the space below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 tamarpostma

tamarpostma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Framework Version:the latest!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

ok. I'll try this. Thanks....

So I'm assuming that fixing the header and footer is out of the question?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Its not out of the question, but if both are fixed, I would imagine reading your content would become difficult. But there is no harm in trying, simply inspect your site to find the correct selector for your header and footer, and then apply the position:fixed to them, some additional CSS may be required.

#5 jenske

jenske

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hi Danny

I am using the Modern Childtheme. I just want to create a fixed header but if I use #header {position: fixed} it does not work. I have managed to make the actual image logo fixed but the Modern Theme header border and the actual header did not became fixed. (in fact the header disappeared and moved the logo into the content). I really would like to make the whole heade plus border fixed. Is there a way?

.section-branding .mainlogo-link, .section-branding .mainlogo-img { position: fixed;}

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

@jenske  Since the child theme you're using is a third-party product, please open a new topic and we'll assign it to the developer.  We are unable to answer topics for third-party products. Many apologies for the inconvenience.