Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Projects Name label - global settings?

Question

Posted · Report post

Dear Nick, I am sorry to trouble you with something I thought I could figure out myself. Where do I set global settings for the Name labels (the way you set Client, Date, Category etc. as a default for everything)? I checked Page Options and could not find it there, and for now I have to add it in manually every time. 

Apart from that, the section looks great! Thank you, regards Jan.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Dear Nick, perfect. Patience abounds, thankfully. Do finish the forthcoming epic section first... Yours faithfully, Jan.

Posted · Report post

That's a really great question! Unfortunately there aren't global defaults for this, as they are each on their own so to speak. Each project is a custom post type which uses a completely different system of saving the options. I will however at least look into the possibility of this in the future.

Nick

Posted · Report post

Dear Nick, no problem. It would be nice but of course isn't such a big deal after all - I'm glad just to know that I can change it easily.

While I am practically talking to you: Something that would be very useful for me would be an ability to dynamically sort the projects by categories. I don't know if that is the right language, but I have seen this for galleries: 

I have all the projects, and above them four tabs, in my case something like this:

1. All projects

2. Student projects

3. Teacher training projects

4. Production projects

When I press one of them, only the projects in this category are displayed, thus allowing the reader to taxonomise...

That is probably a big deal and a fully fledged feature request, although of course you already allow categories to be set. It's just a thought.

Thank you for your swift reply. The new forum looks very reassuring! Greetings, Jan.

Posted · Report post

Ya categories and sorting have been on the books for quite some time for Projects. It's coming, eventually. lol.