Photo
- - - - -

Previous Entries button not displaying on Category and Search Results

Best Answer stevehowe , 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

It seems to be coming from a plugin or widget. Have you added any older plugins, or modified any widgets lately?

Correct--it was the "SimpleScripts Footer" plugin causing this Array. I can't see any reason to have the plugin, so it's been deleted and Array is gone.  Thanks for the help!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevehowe

stevehowe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I am having trouble fixing a technical problem on my website/blog. Not sure if this is a WordPress problem or PageLines problem. I have spent several hours searching the forums, google, and playing with settings on my Dashboard, with no success. I am not a professional website developer, so please take that into account when answering :)

Here is the issue(s):

- On Category Result pages (and Search Result pages) at the bottom of the page, there is no "Previous Entries" button that appears once my 10-post limit is reached on the page. As you'll notice, on the Homepage this "Previous Entries" button does appear. I am not sure why it is not appearing on these other pages, however. Please advise.

- Might be related to the above problem: at the very bottom of the page on the left side, the word "Array" appears. Not sure why or how to get rid of it. This appears on every page on my site.

Please let me know how to fix these problems, and/or if they are related to one another.

Thank You!

-Steve Howe

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Hi Steve,

Please go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store.  When you arrive, do you see a box with a gray dashed border with a button inside the box asking you to install the PageLines Sections plugin?   If you do, please install it.

If not, please to to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and click on the Content Area section (it will turn blue).  Once there, click on the Category tab.  Look under Active Sections or Available Sections for Post/Page Pagination.  If it's under Available, slide it to the left to the bottom of the group under Active Sections.  Repeat this for Search and Author.

Now check a category page.  You should see the pagination at the bottom.

#3 stevehowe

stevehowe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Hi Steve,

Please go to Dashboard > PageLines > Store.  When you arrive, do you see a box with a gray dashed border with a button inside the box asking you to install the PageLines Sections plugin?   If you do, please install it.

If not, please to to Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and click on the Content Area section (it will turn blue).  Once there, click on the Category tab.  Look under Active Sections or Available Sections for Post/Page Pagination.  If it's under Available, slide it to the left to the bottom of the group under Active Sections.  Repeat this for Search and Author.

Now check a category page.  You should see the pagination at the bottom.

This took care of the Previous Entries button--thank you so much!

Any thoughts on the "Array" issue?  I'll attach a quick screen shot to show you where/what it is.

Attached Files

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

It seems to be coming from a plugin or widget. Have you added any older plugins, or modified any widgets lately?

#5 stevehowe

stevehowe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM   Best Answer

Correct--it was the "SimpleScripts Footer" plugin causing this Array. I can't see any reason to have the plugin, so it's been deleted and Array is gone.  Thanks for the help!