Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines Framewkork is incompatible with Nextgen Gallery Galleryview?

Best Answer ellenmva , 06 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

The plugin is looking to see if you have the template in your theme nggallery folder first before it accesses the template in the plugin view folder. That seems to be where the incompatibility is and by creating the folder in your theme directory and placing the template there it works.

The way to get Nextgen-Galleryview to work is to create a folder called nggallery in your theme folder (you can use the Base Child Theme for Pagelines) and copy the gallery-galleryview.php template from the view folder of the plugin and put it in the nggallery folder.

This is from the plugins readme file that talks about Advanced Configuration:

1.  Create a folder called "nggallery" within your Wordpress theme.
  2.  Copy "gallery-galleryview.php" from the "view" folder of the plugin and place it within the nggallery folder you created.
  3.  Now modify the template and galleryview javascript to meet your needs.
  4.  When adding a gallery via the shortcode add template="galleryview"

Ellen

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trisquelmedia

trisquelmedia

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The plugin is based on the jquery Galleryview plugin created by Jack Wanders

This plugin does is display a gallery mode NextGen Gallery slideshow with thumbnails below

Plugin works perfect in all of wordpress themes but in Pagelines Framework dont work , it shows the images as if there no were this plugin.

I asked the developer and says it no looks a js problem. In Pagelines Platform Pro this plugin I worked perfectly.

There is something you can do to fix it?

Regards

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi,

I have attempted to see what could be the cause of the issue, as there isn't any js issue but unfortunately, I can see why the gallery view template isn't working. I think the best course of action would be to contact the developer again and see if can investigate further.

#3 trisquelmedia

trisquelmedia

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hi,

the developer thought it had a problem with the pager, but disabling also it does not work. I dont know that can happen, it seems a problem of Pagelines Framework because it works on all wordpress themes (including Platform Pro), is very strange

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

I know, I have tested the plugin and see that when I enable Twenty Twelve, the template works. However, there is no js conflict, so this is why I recommend you contact the author, as he may be able to suggest something.

#5 ellenmva

ellenmva

Advocate

• Members

• 313 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:50 PM   Best Answer

The plugin is looking to see if you have the template in your theme nggallery folder first before it accesses the template in the plugin view folder. That seems to be where the incompatibility is and by creating the folder in your theme directory and placing the template there it works.

The way to get Nextgen-Galleryview to work is to create a folder called nggallery in your theme folder (you can use the

for Pagelines) and copy the gallery-galleryview.php template from the view folder of the plugin and put it in the nggallery folder.

This is from the plugins readme file that talks about Advanced Configuration:

1.  Create a folder called "nggallery" within your Wordpress theme.
  2.  Copy "gallery-galleryview.php" from the "view" folder of the plugin and place it within the nggallery folder you created.
  3.  Now modify the template and galleryview javascript to meet your needs.
  4.  When adding a gallery via the shortcode add template="galleryview"

Ellen

• greenfly likes this

#6 trisquelmedia

trisquelmedia

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thxs!

Works Perfect!!!

• ellenmva likes this