Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom Category Page Designs

Question

Posted · Report post

hey guys! 

i need to increase my options to design my category pages.

http://heybier.de

i would like to create a special box for each category page at the bottom and i have to create a banner or hero unit or highlight but it has to be special content for the category page. is it possible? 

tristan

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Tristan,

If the actual category posts are fine, and you just seek to add sections, such as Hero, Masthead, etc., you may do this via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop > Page Templates or Content Area (depending on whether these need to be full-width or with sidebars next to them).

For full width, click Page Templates then Category.  Add sections you want, like Hero, from Available Sections to Active Sections.

For sections with sidebars next to them, do the same thing under Content Area > Category

Because these are special pages, you can edit the content you want to add to them via Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options > Category Page > then select the section you added.  There, you can customize the section, adding whatever content format fits the section.

Posted · Report post

is it possible that these are different mastheads at each category? 

i have 4 categorys but the mastheads have to be different

Posted · Report post

it is important for me, that i can publish different content on my different categorys

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, no.

You would have to create static category pages and include the loop, set specific to that category on the static page.  You'd need a plugin like AnyLoops (a premium product in our Store) or Special Recent Posts through WP.org (very complicated setup) to do this.