Photo
- - - - -

NavBar disappear on "special" page templates

NavBar

Best Answer golok , 06 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thanks Danny for your help!

The culprits were indeed among plugins. The "Post Types Order" and "qTranslate" plugins are simply not compatible. Individually activated, the NavBar is present everywhere, but when both are activated the problem occurs and NavBar disappears on “special” pages…

Conclusion: I'll get rid of the "Post Types Order" plugin and re-order my stuff using creation dates or something like that.

Yet, as soon as I find the time, I'll post a ticket on both plugin's website.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 golok

golok

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGeneva
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Hello,

I'm sure this question has been previously asked, but I can't find anything. NavBar works fine on standard page templates but disappears on "special" page templates (blog, category author pages, etc.). How can I fix that?

Standard page template: NavBar ok

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

"Special" page templates: NavBar has gone

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Hi,

Please go to Dashboard > PageLines > Page Options and click the tab for Category and then Page Setup.  Scroll down. Make sure "Hide Navbar" is not checked.

Do the same with Author, Archive and other templates.

I suspect the Navbar is simply hidden. 

#3 golok

golok

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Thank you Rob for your answer,

Unfortunately this did not help. Only the "Category" page option had the "Hide NavBar" checked (the other templates were unchecked). However, even after unchecking it, the NavBar is not showing up…

What is weird is that the NavBar disappears when visiting the "Category" or "Author" page, but "re-appears" when visiting a particular post. Click on the following link, where posts are listed by category

— the NavBar disappears — and then click on one of the article — the NavBar is back.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Check the "blog" template too.   While you're at it, check all of them.  It shouldn't have ever been hidden, and it's not a default setting.

If you have a cache plugin activated, clear the cache after making any changes, through the plugin's settings, then in the browser, refresh the page when viewing.

#5 golok

golok

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thanks Rob,

I already verified all templates and, apart from "Category", none of them had the "Hide NavBar" option checked. As for cache plugins, I'm not using any.

Regarding refreshing the browser's cache, I did it but it makes little sense: I have the same problem using another computer, another browser or on my smartphone.

I also tried to use the Nav Classic instead of the NavBar, but the problem persists.

Another weird thing is that when I check the page source the navigation code is there, but on "special" pages no <ul> and <li> are present in the <!-- NavBar | Section Template -->:

instead of:

This is weird, especially if we consider that, when the NavBar is hidden from the Page Options, the code <!-- NavBar | Section Template --> isn't shown at all.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Hi,

Please disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If disabling plugins doesn't resolve your issue, remove all custom code you have added and then check the special pages again, to see if the NavBar is visible.

#7 golok

golok

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGeneva

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:04 AM   Best Answer

Thanks Danny for your help!

The culprits were indeed among plugins. The "

" and "

" plugins are simply not compatible. Individually activated, the NavBar is present everywhere, but when both are activated the problem occurs and NavBar disappears on “special” pages…

Conclusion: I'll get rid of the "Post Types Order" plugin and re-order my stuff using creation dates or something like that.

Yet, as soon as I find the time, I'll post a ticket on both plugin's website.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NavBar