Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accordions not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I am having trouble with the accordions on one page:

http://www.wonderdogs.ca/school-for-dog-trainers/faq/

Just the accordions at the top of this page are not working.  They won't open or close.  The second and subsequent 'banks' or sections of accordions works fine, and I cannot find any mistakes in the accordions' code.

I'm wondering if you can help me get them working again, as they were indeed working once upon a time.

Thanks so much.

1 person likes this

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Definitely, it's the use of ampersands and other code in the accordion name.

This works:

Without ampersand
[pl_accordion name="Admission_and_General"][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission_and_General" number="31" heading="Can I get government funding to take this program?" open="no"]
Absolutely! We have had a number of students that have received funding to not only take our program, but also start their business afterwards! <a href="/dog-training-school/loans-grants/"></a>Click here to read more.[/pl_accordioncontent]

[/pl_accordion]

This doesn't.

With Ampersand
[pl_accordion name="Admission &amp; General"][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="41" heading="Can I get government funding to take this program?" open="no"]
Absolutely! We have had a number of students that have received funding to not only take our program, but also start their business afterwards! <a href="/dog-training-school/loans-grants/">Click here to read more</a>.[/pl_accordioncontent]

[/pl_accordion]

The number must also not be replicated on the page.  Each number value must be unique.

Posted · Report post

Only in my test.  Glad it worked.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

It's possible something has affected the code, as only the top group is failing, and all the rest work fine.

You may want to:

1.  Check the code to make sure it's the same as the accordions below.  If not, adjust accordingly. If so....

2.  Wrap the top group in [pl_raw]accordion shortcode[/pl_raw]

Posted · Report post

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the code and I cannot find any errors.

I tried wrapping it in the pl_raw code and still nothing.

Here is the code I am having trouble with:

[pl_accordion name="Admission &amp; General"][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="1" heading="Can I get government funding to take this program?" open="no"]
Absolutely! We have had a number of students that have received funding to not only take our program, but also start their business afterwards! <a href="/dog-training-school/loans-grants/">Click here to read more</a>.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="2" heading="I see that the Wonderdogs school is the only accredited dog trainers school in Canada but I see that other schools are registered. What is the difference and how does this affect me?" open="no"]
There is a big difference and it directly impacts the value you will receive for your dollar! All schools MUST be <em>registered</em> with PCTIA, however being <em>accredited</em> is voluntary and a very extensive process.

Hundreds of schools have had their registration and / or accreditation revoked or suspended for various reasons. We are proud to say we are not on that listand never have been! Staying on top of PCTIA's many requirements is a full time job but the upside for our students is enormous.

Our accreditation in good standing assures our students past and future, of an outstanding, high quality education. To read more about this topic <a href="http://www.pctia.bc.ca/institutions">click here</a>.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="3" heading="Do you need to have worked with dogs before to apply?" open="no"]
You don't need to have trained dogs before or even owned one. A love of dogs and a passion to want to be involved with them is a great start. A large number of our students have had no experience with dogs at all. <a title="Apply" href="http://wonderdogs.ca/dog-training-school/apply/">See the application section of the web site for assets that would benefit you</a>. A lot of skills are transferable to this field.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="4" heading="What work background do your students have?" open="no"]
We have a very diverse range of students. Some come straight from high-school graduation, while some come from years of experience in a totally different career. We also have a number of individuals who are already employed as dog trainers and are looking to advance their education.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="5" heading="Where do I stay during the time I am in the program?" open="no"]
You may make any arrangements you like for your accommodations. We suggest that you <a title="Accommodations" href="http://wonderdogs.ca/dog-training-school/accommodations/">see the accommodations section</a> listed under careers on our web site. Here you will find information on various options. Also, once you are accepted into the program, we will provide you with a list of private accommodation options. The majority of these listings have been used and recommended by previous students for years. We have never had a student have problems finding accommodation as we have many options available through contacts we have in the dog world.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="6" heading="Do I need a car?" open="no"]
It is recommended but not essential unless you are coming with one or more dogs. We quite often have students that car pool together and share the cost. Let us know if you are interested in carpooling and we'll put you in contact with like-minded individuals.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="7" heading="What is the average age of the student's in the course?" open="no"]
The average age is approximately 30-35. That said, we have many students right out of high school and a number in their 50's and 60's!

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="8" heading="Besides applying for student loans and grants, is there any way for me to lower the cost of tuition?" open="no"]
If you know someone who would like their dog well trained, yes! If you don't have your own dog, why not ask your neighbour or friend if they would like to send their dog to school at a great price? At $1500 for 12 weeks of training, they would be getting a great deal and you would be making some extra money. (Depending on your sales capabilities, it is possible that you could charge considerably more than $1500). If they currently have their dog in daycare, this would be a no-brainer as they would end up paying less and they would be getting a fully trained dog out of the deal. Also, there are often other students coming without a dog so you may even be able to bring 2 or more dogs! To read more about what the dogs will be learning during the program <a href="http://wonderdogs.ca/dog-training-victoria-bc/dog-training-information/#college">click here</a>.

[/pl_accordioncontent][pl_accordioncontent name="Admission &amp; General" number="9" heading="I have heard some negative stuff about the Wonderdogs - what is your response to this?" open="no"]
When you google people who are successful in any industry you will always find they have "haters" that push negative (and often untrue) information to the public. In the dog training world, if you search for Cesar Millan almost all the pages that come up are negative. Same with Brad Pattison. While these trainers may not be perfect, we do know that their overall goal is to help dogs. While we may not agree with every technique they use, we try to maintain an open mind. Unfortunately, in this industry, we often hear from people with the most closed minds.

You may hear negative things about our training. Usually these comments are from people we have never met before, or who have not seen our training first hand. If you come across negative feedback about our training methods, you will notice that any positive comments from people who support us have been dismissed or removed.

We welcome you to come see our training for yourself! Many schools will not allow prospective students to visit or correspond with students. We not only invite prospective students to visit us, but encourage them to connect with those currently in the class to get their feedback first hand.

We are happy to put you in touch with literally thousands of dog owners that have had their dog trained by us over the past three decades and are thrilled with the results. The same applies to the hundreds of happy graduates from our professional dog trainers program we have worldwide. We encourage you to not only correspond with graduates via phone or email, but to meet them. When you see firsthand how much they are enjoying their new career, this in itself should convince you that our program is a wise choice as your future career depends on it!
[/pl_accordioncontent]
[/pl_accordion]

Thanks so much for your help.

Posted · Report post

Hi realwealth,

Please open a new topic for your issue.  Tagging onto someone else's topic is considered hijacking and isn't good netiquette.  We will be happy to review your issue and deal with its individual needs.  Please feel free to reference this topic if you'd like.

Posted · Report post

I tested it here: http://www.epicurus.com/members/test-accordion

I also added default code from the demo, setting it to "no" so that it would drop down, as desired.  The demo works fine, but your code doesn't.  Obviously, there's something in that code which is amiss.

It could be as simple as the &amp; in the title. I'm testing that next.

Posted · Report post

Yeah it was the ampersands.  It works! Thats great thanks a lot Rob

So no special characters at all in the accordion names? that's too bad.

And I didn't see any copied numbers, did you?

Thanks again.