Photo
- - - - -

Blog Posts - Exact Location of main blog page.

Best Answer Simon_P , 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Simples, create a page. call it anything you like, you dont have to give it a template. Now go to wordpress settings => reading there you can assign a page as the 'blog' archive page. Now when you visit that page you will see all your posts.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 davidvidgen†

davidvidgen

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I am using the pagelines framework v2.4

My site has a static page for my home page.

This may seem a silly question, but how do I locate the exact page where the excerpts for my blog exist?

I am trying to create a custom menu item specifically for the blog posts, but I do not know the exact location. My permalink structure is Month and Name.

I have the option of using /author/myname/ etc but I have two authors on my site, so it's not ideal.

I have tried creating a specific page i.e. blog/ but it only allows me to choose templates 1-5 and the default template.

I'm sure it's a simple solution and i have been looking too hard!

Many thanks

David

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM   Best Answer

Simples, create a page. call it anything you like, you dont have to give it a template. Now go to wordpress settings => reading there you can assign a page as the 'blog' archive page. Now when you visit that page you will see all your posts.

#3 davidvidgen†

davidvidgen

• DMS Subscriber†
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Simon_P

Perfect. All working.

What confused me was the "front page displays" wording - It was suggesting to me that I could add a static page or blog posts - but only to the home page! Now I know this is where you assign the page where you want the blog archives to feature.

Thanks for a speedy response.

David