Photo
- - - - -

Blog Posts - Exact Location of main blog page.

Best Answer Simon_P , 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Simples, create a page. call it anything you like, you dont have to give it a template. Now go to wordpress settings => reading there you can assign a page as the 'blog' archive page. Now when you visit that page you will see all your posts.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davidvidgen

davidvidgen

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.7

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I am using the pagelines framework v2.4

My site has a static page for my home page.

This may seem a silly question, but how do I locate the exact page where the excerpts for my blog exist?

I am trying to create a custom menu item specifically for the blog posts, but I do not know the exact location. My permalink structure is Month and Name.

I have the option of using /author/myname/ etc but I have two authors on my site, so it's not ideal.

I have tried creating a specific page i.e. blog/ but it only allows me to choose templates 1-5 and the default template.

I'm sure it's a simple solution and i have been looking too hard!

Many thanks

David

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:10 PM   Best Answer

Simples, create a page. call it anything you like, you dont have to give it a template. Now go to wordpress settings => reading there you can assign a page as the 'blog' archive page. Now when you visit that page you will see all your posts.

#3 davidvidgen

davidvidgen

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.7

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Simon_P

Perfect. All working.

What confused me was the "front page displays" wording - It was suggesting to me that I could add a static page or blog posts - but only to the home page! Now I know this is where you assign the page where you want the blog archives to feature.

Thanks for a speedy response.

David