Photo
- - - - -

Broken code on Splash Page

Best Answer Danny , 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

A broken symbol means you have images failing to load. I am unable to reproduce your issue, I have just created a Launchpage test and my page displayed correctly, without any missing image symbol.

Therefore, have you used all the options ? Can you provide a screenshot of your LaunchPage options please.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.0

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Have a look at the splash page I built using the Launchpage plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

On an iPhone there are 2 broken symbols. See attached image

And on Firefox there are tons of errors that relate to css???

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16576 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

A broken symbol means you have images failing to load. I am unable to reproduce your issue, I have just created a Launchpage test and my page displayed correctly, without any missing image symbol.

Therefore, have you used all the options ? Can you provide a screenshot of your LaunchPage options please.

• lakersalex likes this

#3 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and inspiring me not to give up!

The broken images are the launch page "splash logo and the "Page Background Image" on the page setup meta data tab. There are no images designated in the meta settings fields.

So I'm now using css to hide the splash logo. and I placed a grey tiled gif for the page background image. This has removed the 2 broken images.

There is now another problem. The page is empty except for a logo centered in the middle of the page, yet there's some invisible content or divs causing the page to scroll down. 

Looking at the code there's an div with ID "supersized" that seems to be the cause. So I hid that using css, but there is still a min-height on the launchpage of 600 pixels, which is still causing a scroll bar, especially annoying on an iphone. So I forced min-height to be 100%.

Now I'm nearly happy but the last problem is that I'm having a hard time getting the logo centered vertically. It looks fine on browsers and on iphone held vertically but horizontally it moves down too much. I am using a margin-top:20% for the launch-content to push the logo down.

Here's all the css I'm using on the page:

#4 lakersalex

lakersalex

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Do you have a suggestion for making the logo perfectly centered vertically on the page?

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16576 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

HI,

You're using the LaunchPage Plugin in a way that was not intended, you have also added custom code to the plugin, we do not provide support for user generated custom code.

The LaunchPage plugin is supposed to look like this - 

If you need to your logo vertically and horizontally centered, then you will need to use CSS. I recommend you visit W3 Schools for assistance.

You can also target specific browsers or devices, using the Browser Specific CSS plugin, which may assist you to resolve your issue when viewing you splash page on iPad.