Photo
- - - - -

Co-Authors Plus: Author Page Name & Bio Confusion

Pagelines Co-Authors Plus

Best Answer Rob , 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hi,

As I understand it, you'll need to use a child theme like Base Theme, then copy the Authors section to the child theme's sections folder.  Changes may be made directly to the copied folder in the child theme.

You may ultimately need the help of a professional developer to implement this if you're not familiar with coding. See http://www.pagelines.com/pros if you feel the need for additional help.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 evscicats

evscicats

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • LocationEvansville, IN, USA
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.1.7

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I am using Co-Authors Plus to allow for multiple authors on my website. I am having an issue where the author that is listed first on a post is having their bio show up on the second author's page.  Here's an example: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Notice the name in the header and the name listed in the bio belong to two different authors.

The problem goes away when I deactivate Co-Authors Plus.

I reported the issue to the plugin author (link button on toolbar didn't work so sorry for pasting

) and they recommended I incorporate the Co-Authors Plus template tags into Pagelines.  

I'm not sure how to do this using the functions.php in the pagelines-customize folder.  Can anyone help?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hi,

I don't know which of the four examples of code are needed for this.  For that you'll need to ask the developer or, test each one by trial and error.

We offer a plugin called Hooker that can help aid a bit in the implementation of the hook.  You can copy and paste one of these at a time to the functions.php found in the pagelines-customize plugin or through the Hooker plugin, which you may purchase via the Store. 

Unfortunately, we don't know this plugin or support third party products normally.  I'm sure though, this will be easy to do.

Though

are for a previous product, I believe the explanation of hooks and the video will suffice for your PageLines product.

#3 evscicats

evscicats

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

I contacted the author of the Co-Authors Plus and he thinks he's figured out the problem.  He thinks there needs to be some code modified in the Pageslines PostAuthor plugin to fix the issue.

so you guys can talk geek and see if this can get fixed.  Thanks!  

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

As I understand it, you'll need to use a child theme like Base Theme, then copy the Authors section to the child theme's sections folder.  Changes may be made directly to the copied folder in the child theme.

You may ultimately need the help of a professional developer to implement this if you're not familiar with coding. See

if you feel the need for additional help.

#5 evscicats

evscicats

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

That was easy.  The author bios and names are working correctly now.  Thanks so much!

#6 dnnyboy

dnnyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

(I didn't mean to hijack this thread, it just seemed highly relevant)

I have also been playing around with Co-Authors Plus and I found this solution to displaying multiple authors on my blog and posts.

In pagelines/includes/class.shortcodes.php, in the pagelines_post_author_posts_link_shortcode function, I replaced:

with:

Now, I'm no experienced programmer, so I wonder if someone could tell me if this has any undesirable consequences? Also, I would prefer a solution that I could do in my child theme so it would carry over to new versions of the framework.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pagelines, Co-Authors Plus