Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0

Are SpryAssets compatible with PageLines?

Question

Posted · Report post

I am replacing a website, and a few of the pages use Adobe's SpryAssets.

 

Before I delve in and learn Spry, do you know if it is compatible with PageLines?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Sorry if I'm a bit lost, but is this working now or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Hi,

 

I'm not familiar with Adobe's SpryAssets.  Does it say anything about working with WordPress? I think that's more the key than it working specifically with PageLines Framework.   Is there a specific link to information I could check?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

It is compatible with WordPress.

 

I decided to go ahead and try it and the form does work.

 

However, the formatting is way off.  When I change the CSS code,

it doesn't really change anything, so I'm wondering if somehow PageLines

css is overriding somehow?

 

I put the css for the page and the spryassets in the custom header area:

 

<link href="http://bit.ly/Y7WqQo" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="http://bit.ly/XJTz18" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://bit.ly/XJTHNW" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://bit.ly/Ws25nO" type="text/javascript"></script>
 
and here is the original page:  http://bit.ly/WYML1o
 
I'd really like to get this fixed with the current form if possible.
I've been playing with cform and contact7 and one other form plugin, and the formatting is not professional enough.
I'm assuming that if I take the time to fix the css for those I might have the same problem and have wasted a lot of time.
 
Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Quick additional update

 

SpryAssets are built into DreamWeaver.

 

The original page URL above isn't complete.  It should be:  http://bit.ly/VBFNMx

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Can you please paste the CSS code from SpryAssets? (I can't access the CSS file itself)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

No, it doesn't work.

 

The form works, but the formatting is way off.

Here's how it looks in the new site:  http://bit.ly/TM7q92

Here's how it should look:  http://bit.ly/VBFNMx

 

I don't know if the css is conflicting or what.  All the pieces are there, but as you can see, it looks terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

If you've looked at the form, you can see it's not just the usual contact form.

 

I've tried five other forms that were highly ranked, and none of them really worked well.

I have just one that is pretty reasonable but it will take quite a bit of time and effort to fix it with css.

In the end, I may just have the same problems with css conflicts I have now.

 

The form I have works perfectly - don't know any reason it shouldn't still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

Hi,

 

Yes, it seems you have some styling issues you can resolve using Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool and guidance found at http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

oops--actually, the SpryAssets URLs are fine (3 of them)

The link that didn't work was CSS that I included from the original site that helps manage the forms

 

I also noticed that a couple of the SpryAssets links went missing.  

 

And I added the rest of the code that's in the custom header section.

The rest is code that's also used for SpryAssets.  I may not need it

because I changed the page that used it.

 

The code is now:

 

<link href="http://bit.ly/14RS1Yk" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="http://bit.ly/XJTz18" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://bit.ly/XJTHNW" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://bit.ly/Ws25nO" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="http://bit.ly/YThDDG" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="http://bit.ly/TJOhoo" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="http://bit.ly/11UYm0L" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
 
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {font-size: 18px}
.style2 {color: #296eb3}
-->
</style>
 
<script type="text/javascript">
    var sprytextfield1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("sprytextfield1");
</script>
 
 
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
  var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a)&&x.oSrc;i++) x.src=x.oSrc;
}
function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
  var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
    var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
    if (a.indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a;}}
}
 
function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers.document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}
 
function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
  var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
   if ((x=MM_findObj(a))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
//-->
</script>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted · Report post

fyi--I took the rest of that code out of the header section and the result is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites