Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Can you deactivate Pagelines access for a specific site

access deactivate client ex-client

Best Answer catrina , 01 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

If you have already changed the PageLines login password, then the one that was set up on their Dashboard under PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account will be invalid. This is all you can do at this point - especially if they refuse to remove your account credentials from their PageLines Dashboard. I'm not sure how long it'll take before they notice that the PW is invalid, however. Once they realize that they're unable to use your account, they'll have no choice but to purchase their own license.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PSHCS

PSHCS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

We had a client/partner that we built a website for using PageLines.  They recently ended the relationship with us and have yet to compensate us for our work on the site.  We were wondering if there is a way to deactivate their use of our PageLines account.  

They already changed the password for the Admin account of the site so we can't access it that way.  We have changed the password for the PageLines login.  Is that all we can do?  Obviously, all the client would have to do is purchase their own license for PageLines to use the features again, but at least then they wouldn't be using ours.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:28 PM   Best Answer

If you have already changed the PageLines login password, then the one that was set up on their Dashboard under PageLines > Dashboard > Your Account will be invalid. This is all you can do at this point - especially if they refuse to remove your account credentials from their PageLines Dashboard. I'm not sure how long it'll take before they notice that the PW is invalid, however. Once they realize that they're unable to use your account, they'll have no choice but to purchase their own license.

#3 PSHCS

PSHCS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

That's pretty much what we figured would be the case.  Would that disable any of the paid settings/features untill they purchase their own license?  Also, when they do purchase their own license, will the site go back to the same state it was at under our  login or would they have to redo the settings and formatting to get it back to the way it was?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

If the password is wrong and they can't log in, then the settings/features shouldn't be accessible anymore. My concern is that they would still be accessible, though, because the client has not reset the account credentials. If the account credentials are reset, they have no choice but to enter the info again and when they enter it again, it would be wrong because they don't know the new password. I hope that makes sense. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

When they do purchase their own license, they would not have to redo their settings and formatting. The Framework setup remains the same.

#5 PSHCS

PSHCS

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Ok thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: access, deactivate, client, ex-client