• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ingoalmag

ingoalmag

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm trying to transition from platform to page lines - my live site is still platform but the issue is the same on both sites. I'd like to significantly reduce the whitespace at the top of my branding section at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I know where to enter custom css but am not sure what code to use. I tried several content-pad options but wonder now - is the section a fixed height that needs changing?

Attached Files

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17533 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi,

The whitespace is generated by the image you have added, if you remove the image your branding area looks like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I recommend you review the code and the hook location used to add this image to your branding area.

#3 ingoalmag

ingoalmag

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for your help Danny.

The image itself is the same height as our site logo...so it seems a bit odd. Here's the hook I used - any thoughts?

// hook to put banner ad at top of page between logo and social media icons
    add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'top_banner_ads');

// function name

function top_banner_ads(){
    ?>
            <div style="position: relative;left: 165px;top: 90px; z-index: 28;">

<?php if (function_exists("wpbanners_show")) wpbanners_show(1); ?>         

</div>

<?php }
    // end function

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hi,

We have a free plugin called Action Map. This will help you find the correct hook.

That said, your hook would be better served by creating a unique class rather than using inline CSS. Something like <div class="top_banner-ads">HTML or PHP CODE</div>

By doing this, you can customize the position using CSS without having to change the hook.

I suspect something is causing a margin or padding below the image because nothing is telling it not to.  That explains why Danny doesn't see the white space when he tests removing the image in Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tool.

#5 davidguthrie

davidguthrie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland UK
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hi

What I'd like to know is: where is the css file in which I can make changes to the branding area height?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hi,

CSS may be added to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code in the CSS Rules area.

It may also be included in the stylesheet found in the PageLines Customize plugin or, in the stylesheet of any child theme. 

CSS should never be included in core files as it will be overwritten with any future updates and the work lost.  Those three locations will remain safe and secure.