7 replies to this topic

#1 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:28 AM

problem #1: I was unable to place the callout button where I wanted it (under a video, which is in a box, instead of under the entire page)

so i made one with the shortcodes and added a header. 

Looks great everywhere but ...

problem #2:  Safari where i cd not do anything with the css that wd allow a decent buffer between button and the video above it. 

did a display: none for body.safari:

body.safari .btn-small {
display:none;
}
body.safari .dcol-pad .fboxinfo .fboxtext h4 {
display:none;
}

put the button and header in a content box for safari, thinking the box wd be the buffer or at least give me something to adjust.

This is the code for the box and class i gave it:

hentry-pad my-call-button-and-header-pad entry_content

From there,

problem #3:
I was unable to figure out how to write the code that wd identify both the desired location (see the 2 "display:none"s above) and the contents of the box (see "hentry-pad...content" above).  I tried every combination of the items above but cdnt get there.

problem #4:

The button and header only looked cruddy on 1 page in Safari.  It was fine on the other page.  But adding the the correct page-id-numbers removed the button from both pages.  I even tried doing it with display:none on one page and display:visible on the other page but whatever happened on one page it happened on both.

problem #5

I'll bet there was away to locate the pl callout button beneath the videos here: www.clearheartcoaching.com

Finally, how can i change the color of button-info? (blue)  I tried but nada.

Thx for your help....

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hi Peggy

problem #1:

Good idea, the callout button is part of a section and that section won't fit into the layout as you've set it up currently, so using a shortcode is a good workaround.

problem #2

The display none is working ok in safari using the browser specific css. I think problem you're having is with the classes you've entered into the button and matching up your css.

problem #3:

It looks like you've enter .page-id-4 as a class to the button when you created it. .page-id-4 is already a class determining the page generated by the pagelines core code, so it looks like you've declared it twice by adding it as a class to your button.

Give your button a unique class, like .myownbutton and the use the .page-id-4 in the custom css box only.

.page-id-4 .myownbutton {display:none;}

problem #4:

I think this is happening due to the above, the .page-id-4 is being declared twice. However, the button looks ok in safari to me, which version of safari are you using?

problem #5

As this the callout is a section, you wouldn't be able to put this inside a box unfortunately.

Finally, how can i change the color of button-info? (blue)  I tried but nada.

#3 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thx James,

I'll revise the code. 

Can I put the callout button beneath the box?  (Right now its beneath the entire page, hidden.) IF so, I'd need to shorten the box length but dont know how.

How can I change the color of button-info (blue). had no luck in css so far.

Thx again

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hi Peggy,

Do you mean the shortcode button? As James points out, the callout button is part of the entire callout section which won't fit in a box.

You may definitely add a shortcode button under the video within the same box or another box (same set) or a text widget.

#5 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Hi Rob,

I mean the callout button and I wonder if I can place it under the box that the video is in.  So right now, its centered under both boxes.  Id like to center it directly under the box the video is in, on the right half of the page.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Peggy, please forgive me. I've searched high and low and must be missing this Callout Button.  Where on PageLines.com did you find this?

Is it part of the Callout Section?

#7 pazyluz

pazyluz

Advanced Member

• Members

• 71 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Rob, I'm thinking about the regular old callout button that you can drag n drop, then activate.And I know I cant place that in a box. And I know I can set it to show up on the right or left hand side o the page but then the words separate form the button.  I want to see if I can center the whole gadget beneath a pl box.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

If you wish to center specific elements, I recommend you read the PageLines Cool Utilities documentation - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safari, button, content box