3 replies to this topic

#1 chules

chules

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I am working on a site at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. You can see the large telephone number at the top left of the site that I added using the Fixed Nav Bar Logo Field.  I just created an image and uploaded it.

A few of my customers including this one have asked if it is possible to have this telephone number dial from a mobile phone.

I do not see any area here for adding the code but I would imagine adding something like the following code somehow could work:

Call <a href="tel:800-545-1020">800-545-1020</a>

Does anyone know how I can have this Call 800-545-1020 logo in the fixed bav bar logo field dial a number instead of just taking you to the home page.  This would be a great feature for my sites and I appreciated any feedback or advice.

Thank you - chules

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

Hi,

Well, for one thing, the instructions found at this link say to precede the area code with the country code or in the US 1-

Next, I'm unclear how you are doing this.  The code you provided shows the number as text, but the example has an image which is part of the branding within that menu. I think the default in that menubar is to link to the homepage.

You'll need a hook to implement that HTML in that menu.

#3 chules

chules

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I am not sure I understand this response.  The graphic image at the top of the website

is part of the fixed nav bar logo option.  By default the only setting you have from the admin panel is to upload an image there.  This is what I did with the Call 800-545-1020 logo at the top left of the site.

When clicking on this logo image instead of it going to the home page I wish it to dial the telephone number when you click this on a mobile phone.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this.  Thank you - chules

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

Chules,

You'd need to start with Action Map, to identify the hook for that element.

Then you'll need either Hooker plugin (to automate it) or PageLines Customize to add a hook inside that element identified by Action Map.

It's not hard, and there's plenty of similar instances here in the forum.  Just search above for phone