Photo
- - - - -

Black background in iOS

Best Answer Rob , 01 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hi Joel,

Odd how it seems to break at the exact same point on your device and your friend's. It gives me pause to wonder if there's not something in the text of the page hidden.  Can you take a look at that page in Text mode (the old Edit mode) so you can see if there's any spans or other code not seen in Visual mode? Please let us know what you find.

Simon's device may simply be set to ignore something yours is set to see.  That brings me to the Browser Specific CSS plugin in our Store (free), which may help to apply CSS to make pages have a specific background color in iOS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CNVI

CNVI

• Members

• 27 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I've read the other threads here on this known issue but I am unable to resolve the problem. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is not showing black boxes in the background on IE9.  iOS emulators such as

, and

don't show the error.

But pull up

on your iphone or ipad and you will see the attached error below.

I have tried turning off postloop, turning off widgets, etc.  We have the basic typical plugins running nothing fancy or unsafe.  Desparate to get this fixed asap.  thanks in advance.

Joel

Attached Files

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

67.97KB   4 downloads
Looks fine here

#3 CNVI

CNVI

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I was afraid of that.. I cleared cache in my iphone, rebooted iphone, said a little prayer.. and the error still there.  It's also showing on my friend's ipad here in the states.

Attached Files

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:56 AM   Best Answer

Hi Joel,

Odd how it seems to break at the exact same point on your device and your friend's. It gives me pause to wonder if there's not something in the text of the page hidden.  Can you take a look at that page in Text mode (the old Edit mode) so you can see if there's any spans or other code not seen in Visual mode? Please let us know what you find.

Simon's device may simply be set to ignore something yours is set to see.  That brings me to the

plugin in our Store (free), which may help to apply CSS to make pages have a specific background color in iOS.

#5 CNVI

CNVI

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

So this morning my iphone prompts me to update to iOS 6.1 and after the update, the problem mysteriously has gone away. 

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16526 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I was prompt the same update, but are you positive your iOS devices were update to date prior to 6.1 ?

This may have been the cause of the issue ?

#7 CNVI

CNVI

• Members

• 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Very good question Danny.. I am not 100% sure.. I only know that when the phone prompts me to update I click update so I thought I was updated.. but assumption is the mother of all screwups!  I am just happy the error is gone it was quite a goose chase.  Thanks for the fast responses here you all do a great job. :thumbsu: