5 replies to this topic

#1 christopher_a

christopher_a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to get an audio player plug-in working.  It works in Firefox, but it's not lining up correctly in Safari.

Here's a link to the page -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I asked the developer for help and was told that on line 103 of the css file, the .rightdiv value is set to 228px and marked as !important!.  The player needs at least 283px to display correctly.

I've tried adding the following to the Custom Code area, but nothing changed.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm apprehensive to try modifying any theme files and hoping someone could point me towards a solution?

Also what does the .rightdiv control in the theme?  Guessing it might be sidebar width? 

Thanks!

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Hi,

I'm presuming his plugin has its own CSS file, which is where line 103 is located.  Since the plugin would likely load its CSS after anything we'd load, the !important part of the plugin's CSS on line 103 is going to override anything previously loaded.

I'd ask him if it's okay to modify line 103 in the plugin's CSS file. If he says yes, just modify the plugin directly.

#3 christopher_a

christopher_a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

The style.css file from the HTML5 JQuery Audio Player Pro plugin doesn't have a .rightdiv property on line 103, there s a right div in that file, but it's already set for 283px width and isn't marked !important.  I tried looking in the various Pagelines framework css files, but couldn't find any line 103 .rightdiv instances.

Am I missing something? Any other ideas?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, since the source of the CSS is a premium 3rd party plugin, I wouldn't know how to support this.  It's really up to the developer. As you point out, you cannot even match the corresponding CSS element to the line cited by the developer, so I'm presuming something is incorrect.

#5 christopher_a

christopher_a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Line 103 is what's coming up in Firebug, so I'm guessing that's what the other developer saw, and suggested contacting my theme developer.

Guess I'll pong this back the other way, see if there's anything I can learn.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I reopened this.

I was under the impression that line 103 was something the developer told you to look for and presumed it was in the plugin's CSS.

Did he tell you to look for something specific?  If so, where?