Photo
- - - - -

WHPro Sidebar Content

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 asi-mike

asi-mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:54 AM

I have purchased the WHpro theme recently, and am having problems with sidebar content. As it stands, if I use a sidebar on a page that sidebar's content will be the same on every page I use the sidebar on. I am looking for a way to do the following: 1 - I would like the sidebar to contain links to white papers or downloads relevant to what I am presenting on that page. Different sub pages would show different downloads, etc. 2 - I would like to do the same thing with images & logos on the sidebar 3 - Same with links. Otherwise the theme is working well for me - just need to be able to content on the sidebars dynamically. Thanks!

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:09 AM

1 - I would like the sidebar to contain links to white papers or downloads relevant to what I am presenting on that page. Different sub pages would show different downloads, etc.

2 - I would like to do the same thing with images & logos on the sidebar

3 - Same with links.

Have you tried the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

plugin?

I haven't used it, but I've heard it's good for solving this problem...

#3 asi-mike

asi-mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

Yes I did install the widget logic plugin, but when I edit any of the pages the plugin options are not on the page.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

That's interesting, so it doesn't work for you?

#5 unitedskeeball

unitedskeeball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:09 AM

I am using widget logic for this purpose but its a weak work around if you have a good amount of pages. If you had this feature built into the theme (to have a different widget ready sidebar) on each page (if wanted) that would be AMAZING.

#6 rbojanssen

rbojanssen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

@asi-mike Widget Logic requires you to enter the values WITHIN the widgets itself. Have a look at your widgets that are put in the sidebar. I use it on my site and it works perfect. Mind this, as unitedskeeball states, for a large amount of pages this wouldn't be the best solution.

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:35 AM

So I don't fully understand. You guys would like to have the ability to set up your own 'nth' number of sidebars and optionally use them on pages?

#8 jasonp

jasonp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

I think in theory, the magic bullet here is complete customization of the widget/sidebar content within the Edit Page function itself. I'm trying out the widget logic function and I'm confident it will be enough for my needs -- but this is a cool thought here.