• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eope6970

eope6970

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

HI all,

Sorry - I am a total novice but excited to learn and have been learning a ton thanks to the great support on this site as well as WP - thank you!

I started setting up a website with Pagelines on a domain that I now hate.  The design and content work I have done is minimal thus far (just messing around) but I did purchase a theme and some plug-ins. 

I would like to start a new website with a new domain (a name I actually like).

Will all of my Pagelines materials transfer over when i set up the new Wordpress site on the new domain?

Or do I need to see about changing the domain name of my current, poorly named website to the new website in order to preserve my Pagelines "stuff"? (The thought of this sounds scary to me - I'd rather start anew).

Also, I wouldn't mind keeping the old site around so I can play with it and test things on it.

Thanks much!

Lisa

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yes, of course you'll be able to transfer your content over from one domain/site to another. I don't think hosts allow you to change a domain name once it's made but you can cancel it or let it expire then you need to purchase a new domain name from the host. To make the transfer from one site to another, you must follow the instructions provided here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 eope6970

eope6970

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Thank you!

I see this on the page:  "All of your plugins will need to be transferred over as well as any database tables associated with them."

Is it the same process to transfer the plug-ins over?

I assume the theme I purchased is taken care of when the settings transfer over (since the setting help create the theme).

Thanks,

Lisa

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Unfortunately, you will need to install all your plugins manually and then configure them again.