Photo
Ozone

Unable to install settings file

Settings install

Best Answer beardedavenger , 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

That's actually it. :) Visit the Welcome panel under Dashboard for a description of what the settings do.

NIck

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 njjeppson

njjeppson

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hey Nick-

Ok, let's give this one more try. I have purchased and installed the theme successfully; however, upon attempting to upload the settings file my browser simply takes me to a blank white page upon clicking "install" and nothing happens. Since I am unable to install the settings file I need help to determine what other settings should be set or help installing the settings file. Let's start here and go from there.

-Corey

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Cool. So first, are you unzipping the settings file, and uploading the .dat file? Also, if you're on a mac, it renames it to .txt or something (at least my Mac does this), so make sure its named .dat. If still not working, (this is beyond my support), check your php logs to see why you have a white screen.

At any rate, here we go. 

Sections Placement in Drag and Drop

1. Ozone Top is in Header (nothing else is here)

2. Ozone Content, should be on the Home Page, Page Template area (that content area in drag and drop is empty) http://screencast.com/t/nJD81P9Ra9pX

Let's see where that puts you. Most of it is automatic but sections have to be in the right spots.

#3 njjeppson

njjeppson

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

i am on a mac though my mac does not rename the file; upon unzipping it leaves it as a .dat. Nonetheless, I have moved the section placement around in the drag and drop sections exactly as you described above. I have also ensured the "super size the background image" is unchecked on the color control page. what are the next settings to configure? (You should be able to visit my site and see the updates)

ETA: checking PHP error logs is beyond my tech expertise so I am unable to do so

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 PM   Best Answer

That's actually it. :) Visit the Welcome panel under Dashboard for a description of what the settings do.

NIck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ozone, Settings, install