Photo
- - - - -

How to embed self-hosted video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 wandr_mari

wandr_mari

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to insert/embed video on my site that I've uploaded to my host. I downloaded the JW Player but I can't figure out how to use it, and the JW Player plugin isn't much help either. Do you have any instructions on how to do this? I don't want to use YouTube because the quality's awful. I'm using iBlogPro, latest version. I haven't completed the setup of my site so I don't have anything to show. Thanks, m

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I don't like to defer, but I literally have zero experience with this plug-in so before I install it and try it out...did you check the plug-in home page for FAQ's and/or visit the support forum link there for the plug-in?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Let me know if that helps, if not I'd be more than happy to take a crack at it :)

#3 wandr_mari

wandr_mari

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:18 AM

Adam, I had little luck figuring it out. I'm just more concerned with how to put videos on my iblogpro site that look good instead of embedding poor quality YouTube videos. Or, is Vimeo a better bet in terms of quality? I'll take another look at the JW Player plugin, see if I can figure it out...

#4 wandr_mari

wandr_mari

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

Oh. Wait. I think I figured it out. First, you upload your video to your site. Then, click on Add Video to a post. It asks for the URL. Then, a menu pops up and near the bottom it asks what player to use. The JW Player pops up. My problem now - which I think I'll figure out on my own - is how to convert my current .mov files into Flash files. Did you find anything on the JW Player?

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

No I didn't, but it sounds like you got it worked out. I do think Vimeo is better in terms of quality than Youtube if you decide to go that route so you can just use embed code.

#6 wandr_mari

wandr_mari

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks!