Photo
- - - - -

Embedding YouTube in Pagelines modal window

Best Answer catrina , 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

The audio continues to play because the video is still playing and there isn't a way to get the YouTube video to stop unless the viewer actually presses the pause button in the player. The x button in the modal is intended to only close the modal itself, not affect the performance or behavior of the content inside it. I'm not sure if there is a way around this - you may need to add a note telling the user to pause if they want to stop the video before closing it otherwise, it may be best to add the video to the page itself.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steveandrews

steveandrews

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I've embedded a YouTube video into a Pagelines modal window. The problem is, when I close the window, the audio from the video can still be heard. Is there a way round this?

Click the 'Watch our off the shelf eLearning video' link on

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to see it. 

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM   Best Answer

The audio continues to play because the video is still playing and there isn't a way to get the YouTube video to stop unless the viewer actually presses the pause button in the player. The x button in the modal is intended to only close the modal itself, not affect the performance or behavior of the content inside it. I'm not sure if there is a way around this - you may need to add a note telling the user to pause if they want to stop the video before closing it otherwise, it may be best to add the video to the page itself.