Photo
- - - - -

how to change page margins?

page margins

Best Answer Danny , 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi Antonella, Margins are usually outside the container and padding is inside the container, so I assume you mean padding. When I view your site, I noticed that you have set the content-pad to 40px already. So is this issue resolved, if not can you provide an image showing us how you would like your site to look please. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antonella

antonella

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Hello,

I'm sure this is an easy thing to do, but I just can't find it in the pageline settings nor in the CSS. How do I change the margins from the defaults established in pagelines? I want to make my left margin about 30px. I've tried to resize them via the layout editor, but this doesn't seem to do the trick.

I have a feeling that it's done via the layout editor by setting the global page width and then adjusting the content and sidebar areas to force the margins. However, I can't enter values into the boxes themselves - they are grayed out. I can only resize to make the width numbers change. (see screenshot)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks.

(Side note: it would be great if margins could be added as an option to insert in the pageline configurations.)

Attached Files

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

The margins may need to be adjusted with custom CSS if you want an exact pixel width. Please see this for further instructions:

#3 antonella

antonella

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I had tried to do it with CSS, but even with Firebug, I can't find the existing html or css to mark up. I'm not sure what classes and ids I have to change. Any direction would be appreciated. On a regular html doc I can do it fine, but I have found it difficult to make such css changes in framework themes.

Thanks,

Antonella

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 PM   Best Answer

Hi Antonella, Margins are usually outside the container and padding is inside the container, so I assume you mean padding. When I view your site, I noticed that you have set the content-pad to 40px already. So is this issue resolved, if not can you provide an image showing us how you would like your site to look please.

#5 antonella

antonella

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

lol - I just figured it out a minute ago!

I found that by modifying the following, I can change the page margins on the whole site:

Since this affects the content-pads of all sections, I went and added CSS for other settings, such as the following:

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Awesome, nice job!