Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pagelines Layout Editor

layout_editor layout pixel_dimensions

Best Answer Danny , 30 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Ok, the issue you have is that you have renamed the theme folder, it has to be called pagelines. At the moment yours is called pagelines2.3, this is the cause of your issue.

I suggest you install PageLines again, once installed, activate it and your issue should be resolved.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Why does my layout editor look totally screwed? Just taken me all afternoon to work out why Features were being weirdly cropped - to do with the Layout Editor...need to adjust the pixel dimensions of the columns, except the thing is knackered...anyone help please? 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

HI,

Whenever, you have an issue like this, it is usually caused by a badly coded plugin, which loads its .css .js on all pages. Therefore, I recommend you disable all active plugins and the issue should be resolved.

Then enable each plugin one by one and check your layout editor again, repeat the process until you find the culprit.

#3 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm using Pagelines v 2.4

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

PageLines Framework version doesn't matter, please disable all active plugins and the issue should be resolved, then do as I suggest above and you will then find the plugin at fault.

#5 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the quick response Danny, will check out the plugins...

#6 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

No, it's still the same as before with all plugins deactivated. 

Also noticed a twirling timer icon on the Pagelines/Site Options dashboard - LHS under the 'Custom Code' tab. 

If I hover status bar says it the Forums tab...and then a tool tip comes up saying 'Javascript Issue Detector'...

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I have just noticed that you're using PageLines version 2.3, please perform a backup and update to the latest version which is PageLines 2.4, this may resolve your issue.

If that doesn't work, keep all your plugins disabled and then enable PageLines debug mode, which can be found in:

Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced.

#8 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Using 2.4, just haven't updated the info here... Have enabled debug mode...what do I do next? 

#9 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

OK here's the debug info...weird, you're right, I am using 2.3...already performed the update to 2.4 (via the dashboard) twice and it seemed ok...but then it's still staying, update to 2.4...

WordPress Version : 3.5.1 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Framework Path :D:\Inetpub\vhosts\mangotraining.com\httpdocs\wp2013/wp-content/themes/pagelines2.3 Framework URI : 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Framework Version : 2.3 Framework Build : 2.3 PHP Version : 5.2 PHP Register Globals : Yes PHP Magic Quotes gpc : Yes Mysql version : 5.1.56-community PHP type : Isapi PHP User : Posix functions are disabled on this host! OS : WINNT Launchpad : Logged in ( nizami ) Licence : Pro

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:23 AM   Best Answer

Ok, the issue you have is that you have renamed the theme folder, it has to be called pagelines. At the moment yours is called pagelines2.3, this is the cause of your issue.

I suggest you install PageLines again, once installed, activate it and your issue should be resolved.

#11 nizami

nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 95 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thank you Danny you're a flippin genius! 

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

hehe!

No problem, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.

#13 ironeer1958

ironeer1958

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

Just uploaded Pagelines framework to a new site, but  my lay-out editor doesn't work either.

in the left bar, under "custom code" there is a sort of wheel turning, indicating that something doesn't seem to load. When hovering, it says: "javascript issue detector".

Can anyone help me out?

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi

This is a previously resolved topic.  While it may seem similar to yours, it is probably not the same. Please open a new topic, and kindly include a link to your site. Explain all the details you can, so that we can try to resolve your issue.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: layout_editor, layout, pixel_dimensions