fatal error pagelines

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've been noticing some lagging and down time for my site the last few days, and finally called my hosting company. They said it was a problem with my theme, and pointed me to this error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function setup_pagelines_template() in /home5/asbesto8/public_html/skypeenglishclasses/wp-content/themes/pagelines/index.php on line 50

My main site is here: www.SkypeEnglishClasses.com

Any ideas on what would cause this/what I should do to fix it?

Paul

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Dont see any errors right now.

You would only see that error if files are actually missing.

#3 peters_publishing

peters_publishing

• Members

• 152 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

The folks at my hosting company said it is an error that is coming up occasionally, but not all the time. Which has been my experience. For about every 5 times I reload the site, the entire site goes down 1 time.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

That sounds to me like your host isn't providing sufficient RAM resources for PHP.  So, when the site isn't busy, the resources are there in sufficient quantity to keep the site working.

When multiple visitors are on the site, each pulling on those resources, the server shuts down, temporarily and restarts quickly.

The solution is to contact the host and insist they increase the RAM to a minimum of 128Mb (the maximum is 256Mb), allocated for PHP.

There isn't anything wrong with PageLines and it's not causing this problem. The error report shows that particular error for some reason.  Believe me, I've been through this myself. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fatal error, pagelines