Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! My formating and template has gone.

Question

Posted · Report post

My blog suddenly looks as if its a text only blog, only it maintained the pictures. white background and all. I was just doing regular editing. Did i accidentally hit something? I checked with my host. It is not them.......

You can view...efatuate.com

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

What were you editing when this happened?

Posted · Report post

Regular stuff.... nothing extreme, colors....links, blog text. nothing that should have made it go off.....

Posted · Report post

Also, I have since reset everything to default, in the hopes I could just start over, thinking perhaps I accidentally clicked something. still completely without formatting.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Please go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks.  DO NOT change anything. I cannot stress this part enough. 

Simply save the settings.

If you have a cache plugin installed, clear the cache via the plugin's settings.

Visit the site and refresh the browser.

Let us know how this goes.

Posted · Report post

saved permalink settings without saving anything. tryed several times. nothing.

i already deactivated every plugin i had, concerned one of them was interacting. nothing. is there a way to "clear the cache" or does it matter now that they are deactivated? WHat else? Im beyond bummed.

Posted · Report post

correction, "without changing anything"

Posted · Report post

Okay, I know what you just wrote is extremely helpful, but i have no idea what it means. I am going to give it to the programmer. they should be able to do/ correct this right? the storm bit or at least the beginning of it is the address of the servers of my host.........

Thanks all for all of your help.......

Posted · Report post

Now, how do I "lock" my forum posts once they have been resolved? I do not want them showing up when someone searches for my brand name............

Posted · Report post

Now, how do I "lock" my forum posts once they have been resolved? I do not want them showing up when someone searches for my brand name............

Where is your brand name?