• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 apattee

apattee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I'd like some of my posts to have their excerpts removed.  I've attached a screenshot of the posts that I'd like to change, and ideally only the image and the post name would remain.

To clarify, all of these type of posts would have the excerpts removed, but not the ones at the top of the page that have the larger pictures.

blog.jpg

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hi,

You mention: I'd like some of my posts to have their excerpts removed.

This cannot be done by WordPress or PageLines by default settings.  Yes, excerpts may be removed, easily.  However, to do so for some posts requires a plugin called Special Recent Posts which makes a post blog list using a shortcode, customized to specify what to include. It may be set up by category, so you will be able to tell it to list all the posts in X category with no date, and no excerpt, showing only the thumbnail, title and a link.

You also said "To clarify, all of these type of posts would have the excerpts removed, but not the ones at the top of the page that have the larger pictures."

This is possible with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

because the shortcode may be changed and used again on the same page, to show excerpts. 

If you wish to use the plugin in column mode, you can do this using the Grid System, placing the shortcodes inside grid elements.