Photo

Help with wpautop

Best Answer Rob , 28 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hi Katie,

The option for a shortcode usiing raw exists in PageLines Framework, but to my best knowledge, not in PlatformPro.  It is quite common for developers to blame the theme, but in this case, I am confident the theme has nothing to do with this.  In fact, this is something that seems much more like something with WordPress, not the theme, considering the age of the theme.  Did you try to apply the recommended code into the functions.php in PlatformBase with a hook?

How did you try to implement anything?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katieejenkins

katieejenkins

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:Platform Pro

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to use a plugin for real estate agents that is not formatting properly. Their techs say that it is an issue with the theme. Please help! Below is their email.

"There is a filter within the WordPress page and post editor called, "wpautop" that all content within pages and posts is run through when you create a new page / post on your blog. The filter helps save you time on some formatting issues within pages / posts without you having to know HTML. [read more about this filter here: http://codex.wordpre...ference/wpautop] dsIDXpress is programmed to REMOVE this filter to protect the look and feel (the formatting) of all pages generated by dsIDXpress. The issue that you are currently experiencing is because your theme is forcing the content of our pages to be processed by the "wpautop" filter, or similar functionality, which then changes the formatting of our pages and produces the errors that you see within the those pages.

Typically, this occurs because the theme developer has implemented a short-code called "raw" directly into the theme. "Raw" was popularized before WordPress introduced short-code API [read about short-code API here: http://codex.wordpre...g/Shortcode_API], and is implementing a less than perfect content filtering stack, which leads to the forceful execution of "wpautop". It is important for theme developers to use the short-code API when building short-codes to alleviate issues such as the one you are currently experiencing within your blog.

Whether you are using a free theme, a purchased theme, or have had a custom theme developed it is important for the theme developer to change this on their end to ensure that anytime you update the theme in the future the same issue does not recur."

#2 renderinnovations

renderinnovations

• Members

• 142 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hi,  can you provide the link you're implementing this plugin?

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

PlatformPro contains no filters for autop.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:17 PM   Best Answer

Hi Katie,

The option for a shortcode usiing raw exists in PageLines Framework, but to my best knowledge, not in PlatformPro.  It is quite common for developers to blame the theme, but in this case, I am confident the theme has nothing to do with this.  In fact, this is something that seems much more like something with WordPress, not the theme, considering the age of the theme.  Did you try to apply the recommended code into the functions.php in PlatformBase with a hook?

How did you try to implement anything?