Photo
Crackbar

Parent Link = #m1

Best Answer gpro , 28 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

It's appears to be working now because I added new links after your first response since I figured that was the best solution.

AHHH! Maybe they worked before because I was using the NavClassic? If Nav Classic uses bootstrap too, then I've lost my mind because I am positive they worked before.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the help and the cool looking menu!

GPro

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gpro

gpro

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Hello - since updating my menu to crackbar the upper level links are not working, they show a link to #m1, #m2, etc instead of the original page.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks

GPro

Site - www.garylipelt.com

#2 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Hi,

The parent menu links of a dropdown have never been clickable, it's the way Bootstrap designed the menu. There was a recent bug that caused that #m2 to show, but has been fixed. Crackbar is at 1.6.6.

#3 gpro

gpro

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Does the built-in menu system use bootstrap? My parent level items where clickable up to this switch to crackbar. 

I just installed crackbar today so I should have 1.6.6 right? Do parent links work in 1.6.6 or do I need to reconfig my menu layout?

GPro

#4 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Parent items, with a dropdown, we're never, and have never been clickable using the Navbar, or Crackbar. The Bootstrap menu was purposefully designed this way. Yes the built-in menu system uses bootstrap, its a direct port of Navbar with some added mods.

Yes you should then have 1.6.6. The demo is running 1.6.6 and I can't make that bug appear.

I also just visited your site in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, and don't even see this occurring. I clicked all your links and they seem to be working perfectly.

#5 gpro

gpro

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:52 AM   Best Answer

It's appears to be working now because I added new links after your first response since I figured that was the best solution.

AHHH! Maybe they worked before because I was using the NavClassic? If Nav Classic uses bootstrap too, then I've lost my mind because I am positive they worked before.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the help and the cool looking menu!

GPro

#6 beardedavenger

beardedavenger

Unicorn Wrangler

• Members

• 1219 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Haha no worries glad I could help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crackbar