Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Display Page Title on Blog Page

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello. I am currently working on a website and one minor issue I am having is that I have a specific WordPress dedicated as the blog page. However, the title of the page does not show before all the blogs. Is there a way to add it? I have the option to automatically add the titles to all pages, however it doesn't take effect on this one. I can use a pseudo css element :before to make it look like there is one, however it won't have the SEO purposes of having the <h1> tag with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matt

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

When you use the Wordpress static pages to create your sites front page and post page, the post page (blog) is no longer a standard page but is considered a special page due to its dynamic nature. Therefore, this is the reason as to why the page title isn't displayed.

The simplest way to add the Page Title to your blog would be to use a ContentBox and add your HTML there, follow the instructions below.

1. Go to PageLines > Drag & Drop

2. Click on Content Area then Select the Blog template

3. Drag and Drop the ContentBox section onto your Blog template

4. Once you have it in the correct position, go to PageLines > Page Options

5. Once there, click on the Content Box tab and add your HTML such as (this is simply an example):

<h1>Blog</h1>

Save your settings and then view your Blog, the title should now be visible.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

This response is perfect. Thank you for your response and assistance.

Regards,

Matt