Photo
- - - - -

Embedding video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 annie

annie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

Read all the posts on embedding video. Still don't understand how to do it. Would like to embed a video in a post. Can you please tell me how to do it? Would you be willing to spell it out for someone who doesn't speak code? website is www.sourceintegral.com Thanks

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

Yes, but we need to learn a bit more first. Is this a YouTube video? Is this a raw video that you uploaded? Where and what is the video and where do you want to put it? Thanks, Bryan

#3 annie

annie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Hello Bryan, I have it as an mp4 or uploaded to vimeo. I want to insert it into a post. When I tried to insert it, it just came as a link and then you click the link and it goes to a very nice black page and plays the video. I would prefer to have it actually embedded in the post. So you can see the screen in the post. Is that possible? You can see what it looks like now under the tab: Lastest interview with Arabian Business TV. Thanks for your help.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

What you want to do is copy the embed code (not video link) from your vimeo video page and then before you paste it into your editor/post, switch from Visual to HTML mode.

Thanks, Bryan

#5 annie

annie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

you rock. I was trying to do it without uploading it to vimeo, so i didn't have a code, and then realized late last night that was likely my best option. Thanks for the help. /a

#6 bestjimmy

bestjimmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hi Bryan, You asked annie where she wanted to play the video and gave a great answer - do you have something as straight-forward to advise for my need to play a self-hosted video in the slider on WHP? Thanks! Jimmy

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Jimmy, what kind of code can you generate with the self-hosted video? The feature areas will accept any HTML for media purposes.