Photo
- - - - -

Content Box Bkg Color Outside Content Pad

Best Answer Danny , 27 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

Every section has a class, use the class instead of the ID please.

Also, every time you clone a section is it given a unique class which can be used to target that section and not effect the other clones. Replace the code you're currently using with the code below.

.page-id-3629 .no_clone.section-contentbox {
background-color: #585852;
margin-top: 30px;
} 

As you can see, I have targeted the .no_clone, this class basically means that this is the original section and isn't a clone, all other clones will have something similar to this clone_2, clone_3 etc...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

I am working on a new design for my homepage for when I go live with my membership training.  The page is temporarily published at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

so it can be reviewed for this question.

I achieved an nice full screen effect for an image in a content box by making a gradient in photoshop in the photo and have it blend into a color for the container outside the content pad.  

Here is the example: 

Here is the css I implemented for this:

.page-id-3629 #contentbox {background-color: #585852; margin-top:30px;}

I have it only applied to this page so it is not site wide.  The issue is the color #585852 is appearing on my other content box outside the content pad at the bottom of the page just above the footer.  I have tried to isolate it but I think that since I selected #content box for the whole page it will show up on all content boxes.

Here is the example: 

How can I have this only be applied to the content box at the top of the page and have it removed and just white at the bottom of the page?  It seems I should be able to isolate it.  I already tried applying a custom css class to the content box but no luck, that only styles the content box within the content pad.  The only other thing I can think of is make another content box section and call it contentbox-2, but not sure how I would accomplish that.

Looking for some ideas to resolve this.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13067 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:30 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

Every section has a class, use the class instead of the ID please.

Also, every time you clone a section is it given a unique class which can be used to target that section and not effect the other clones. Replace the code you're currently using with the code below.

As you can see, I have targeted the .no_clone, this class basically means that this is the original section and isn't a clone, all other clones will have something similar to this clone_2, clone_3 etc...

#3 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 200 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Danny.  I knew it would be something simple, and for the explanation.  Looks great!