Photo
- - - - -

FooBar Notifications Not Showing Up

Best Answer Rob , 30 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Obviously, it's difficult, if not impossible for us to support third party products.

From a PageLines perspective, if the plugin provides a shortcode, you can apply this in a text widget in any of the full-width sidebars (Full-Width, Universal).  The sidebar may be added in the Header area above everything else.

However, the sidebar and widget will add padding and margins so this method will need some custom CSS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Hi guys,

I'm planning on switching over to PageLines from my current theme.  I'm using a plugin called

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which is quite popular, very similar to the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. It basically adds a bar that goes above the branding on a site all across the top.

Every since i switched over to PageLines, none of the bars are showing up.  I'm thinking that somehow I need to add something to make it a part of the page template but I don't know how to do that.

Any ideas?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

HI, Unfortunately, FooBar is a premium plugin, so its not possible for us to test it. Therefore, I recommend you contact the developer and see what he/she suggests.

#3 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Okay, thanks Danny. However, I'm noticing a trend with using PageLines. Any of my premium plugin's that I've used with my previous themes that are responsible for having certain things show up on my pages and blog posts no longer work. I'm thinking that has to do with having to do some customizations to the page templates?

For example, I have the Disqus commenting system installed but yet it doesn't show up in my comments area. The default comments are the ones that show up.

#4 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I am not familiar with the premium plugins but there could be customizations involved. Have you contacted the developer of the plugin to see if they have any suggestions?

#5 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

no I haven't yet, but I'll go ahead and try. But in general if there is something that is supposed to show up on top of the header like a notice bar or something, is that something that I would need to configure in PageLines?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Just out of curiosity, have you seen SaleBar in our Store? It does the same thing - creating a message bar that goes site-wide over the branding/header area. It's a premium section fully tested and integrated into PageLines.

#7 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

yes Rob, I did check it out. It's a great plugin however, Foobar  gives me more granular control over color, delay, as well as a plethora of other settings.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:50 AM   Best Answer

Obviously, it's difficult, if not impossible for us to support third party products.

From a PageLines perspective, if the plugin provides a shortcode, you can apply this in a text widget in any of the full-width sidebars (Full-Width, Universal).  The sidebar may be added in the Header area above everything else.

However, the sidebar and widget will add padding and margins so this method will need some custom CSS.

#9 peterguirguis

peterguirguis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

got it, that's very helpful – thank you so much Rob :-)