css custom css wp header stylesheets

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

so, i want to make stylesheets for posts. i don't see any other way that makes any sense at all. i'm sick of plugins that don't work.

two questions.

first, i make the stylesheets, put them in a folder, then reference them through php, somehow. i'll figure that out, or you can help me. i just need to know that this won't break anything.

second, i want to do the same for pages. what's the deal with that? do i mod a template and somehow attach a stylesheet to it?

the tinyMCE thing is a joke, and the plugin crashes everything in its sight.

i really don't understand why styling, or formatting, or art directing, or whatever you want to call it, is such a trauma with wordpress.

a picture is worth a thousand words, wordpress, and white space is not your enemy.

man does not live by database alone.

thank you.

p.s. i have posted this to technical support because what i want to do involves more than just css.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Hi, I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, why would you want separate stylesheets for posts and pages ? Just add the CSS for your posts/pages to your custom CSS area or style.css/style.less file. Whats the purpose for the separate files ?

#3 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hi Danny, thanks for responding.

I'm building a listings site. An example of a post that will need to be formatted is one for restaurant listings.Each listing will be in the form of a post.

In that category of listing I need the same fields (or whatever they're called) every time. Address, Phone, Type of Cuisine, Price, etc.

There will also be images, links, and paragraphs. There will be hundreds of these, so I need a format that I use over and over again.

I know the answer is out there, and I'm just too confused to get it.

I'm not talking about the database. I'm talking about the STYLE of the post.

Thank you.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout. If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can also check out our CSS Customization section in our Doc Center to give you a good headstart on CSS changes you can make.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Danny, I'm not asking for "Custom CSS styling".

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17129 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

You say this in your previous post

"I'm talking about the STYLE of the post."

So I am not sure what you're trying accomplish, can you go into greater detail please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, custom css, wp header, stylesheets