• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mwm12345

mwm12345

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationRhinebeck NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I love the way my blog looks like Firefox but in Safari my images are squished to the side and the table cells with text take over the entire page...how do I fix this?

www.belvederemansion.com

look at accommodations, catering, etc they are all screwed up in safari...ugh

help

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hey there! It looks like it's an issue with your HTML. You've added those boxes with tables (i.e not a PageLines issue) so you'll need to do some research to see why Safari doesn't like your tables. I never use tables so I can't be of much help, however, it may be that you haven't assigned a width to your td's or maybe that you've left aligned the text box. Try playing around with the HTML to see if you can get it fixed. Good luck! :)

#3 mwm12345

mwm12345

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationRhinebeck NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I've used the tinymce advanced plugin without any problems on other sites. The option for inserting "tables" inserts basic rows and cells tosave time...Are you saying that basic html is incompatible with safari?

What I'm concerned about is that the design layout in platform pro allows you to select a "canvas size"...which in mine is 960 pixels. So why wouldn't the canvas layout remain that dimensions in safari? That is indeed a pagelines issue or why else have that feature to select the canvas size when it's not going to matter what size it becomes in other browsers....

you have no solutions?

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

No I'm not saying that basic HTML isn't compatible with Safari, I'm saying that you need to provide widths for your columns otherwise each browser will just do whatever it wants with the table data. Safari is seeing a huge batch of text so it's using that as the priority, and then making everything else just fit into the space that's leftover.

The canvas size you've selected has absolutely nothing to do with each table cell's width.

Did you try the suggestions I provided above?

however, it may be that you haven't assigned a width to your td's or maybe that you've left aligned the text box.

#5 mwm12345

mwm12345

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationRhinebeck NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

what I'm saying is that if your website "template" for platform pro comes with a canvas that one can size specifically, why wouldn't that act is a frame and maintain the default size across browsers? Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be a point in having a canvas if specific dimensions...do you see what I'm saying?

So bottom line, the table I add within the post of the canvas should not matter or override the canvas dimensions....the whole point of pagelines I thought was to simplify web development and this seems like a basic concept to have a canvas (frame) which holds a specific dimension....

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Different browsers treat tables differently which is why nobody uses them anymore ;)
It's all div spans and CSS these days

#7 mwm12345

mwm12345

• Members

• 14 posts
  • LocationRhinebeck NY

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

so what is the canvas? a <div> or a <table> or nothing....you're not reading what I'm asking. What is the point of a canvas and more specifically what is the point of being able to alter the dimensions of a canvas if it means nothing to a browser. Do you understand why I'm asking the relevancy of a canvas since the posts are within the canvas dimensions?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15825 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Hi I am not sure what you're referring when you mention canvas, as the issue is related to tables HTML. Tables are old and not very good to work with, without a lot of messing around. I recommend you use the PageLines grid, it is responsive, works on all browsers and should be easier to work with -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safari, browser compatibility, looks different in firefox