Photo
- - - - -

Ubermenu not working in framework 2.4

Best Answer Rob , 25 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hi,

I just installed UberMenu this week and did another installation today.  It works fine.  Did you change the settings for basic.css?

Unfortunately, we can't support it but the guys who run it are fantastic and prompt in their support. 

It is a time consuming process, but well worth the effort because the results are great.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2 | DMS 1 | Frameworks | Child Theme

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi,

I've used Ubermenu with frameworks... installing new site, and the ubermenu will not activate with frameworks 2.4.

Works in 2.3.8

Although I love frameworks... I'd rather have an "easing" or "sliding" drop down navigation instead of a pop down.

Any advice would be appreciated. As I'm not able to in upgrade my other sites until this gets resolved.

Here's the link using Frameworks 2.4 with ubermenu activated for main nav

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I don't know how Ubermenu is supposed to look or what it's supposed to do so I can't tell what is wrong with the link you provided. Everything looks okay (i.e. menu items work and the drop down works).

Can you provide more information such as what you are expecting to happen? Screenshots with explanations would be great as well. :) Thanks!

#3 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

The menu is the framework menu that you see now... uber is not working at all...

this is the start menu colors and banner not selected yet... its activated on this site.. note the slide action on hover.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

css is same on both sites with same uber menu settings.

for more streamlined nav... we use uber for a slide down action

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yes I see the Ubermenu on the second link, and NavBar on the first link. So what happens when you activate Ubermenu on your first link?

It's hard to tell what's wrong if I can't see Ubermenu active on the 2.4 site (even if it isn't displaying). Have you checked the javascript error console (most browsers have debugging tools) to see if Ubermenu has a javascript conflict with PageLines 2.4?

#5 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Ubermenu IS active on the first link... my point I'm trying to make... it does not work in 2.4 its not doing anything.. not seeing any errors.

#6 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

putting back framework 3.8 now... to see whats going on

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:32 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

I just installed UberMenu this week and did another installation today.  It works fine.  Did you change the settings for basic.css?

Unfortunately, we can't support it but the guys who run it are fantastic and prompt in their support. 

It is a time consuming process, but well worth the effort because the results are great.

#8 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I actually think that it works only with frameworks "classic nav" in drag n drop place... I have the "new nav" in its place...

will see if thats the issue...

#9 alisamski

alisamski

Advocate

• Members

• 463 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

ok... so tested it with the classic nav in drag n drop header area and Ubermenu does indeed work...

I really didn't check in the drag n drop area that the "newer" nav was in there from the beginning.

so that's where the conflict was...

in moving forward with frameworks... just something to note. Not sure what the difference in code on the developer side of the nav options.

Thanks for testing it.

• wonderwoman likes this

#10 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

No worries.  Just to clarify,  NavBar uses Twitter Bootstrap so it's calling some code remotely.  The Classic Nav calls all CSS locally from the site, so it's probably a conflict with CSS causing the issue.

Of course, there are so many options with UberMenu and the way it integrates into a theme that it's very hard to tell. Glad you were able to get it working.