Photo
- - - - -

My home become randomly an error 404 page

homepage error 404

Best Answer Rob , 25 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Hi,

If you have a deprecated plugin, that could cause it.  WordPress released an update today to 3.5.1.  I'm unclear if they did something on the backend that might have affected plugins.

Instead of deactivating the plugins, let's make sure your permalinks are updated.  Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just Save.

That will update any links that may have become broken.

Next, I'd suggest going through each plugin and checking to make sure that they're all up compatible with WP 3.5.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chbuard

chbuard

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Hi guys,

I am using pagelines 2.0 and I am encountering a really bothersome problem , the homepage of this website 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

become randomly an error 404 and to bring it back I just have to update the original homepage without doing any change.

Do you know where it could be from ?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:41 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

If you have a deprecated plugin, that could cause it.  WordPress released an update today to 3.5.1.  I'm unclear if they did something on the backend that might have affected plugins.

Instead of deactivating the plugins, let's make sure your permalinks are updated.  Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just Save.

That will update any links that may have become broken.

Next, I'd suggest going through each plugin and checking to make sure that they're all up compatible with WP 3.5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homepage, error 404