Photo
- - - - -

popover question

Best Answer evert100 , 25 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. The popover or tooltip windows won't resize anyway because there is a hardcoded width.

If you look at my website then you'll see it with the iphone for example.

It is possible however to work with <b> f.i. in the popover. You only have to change the code.

For images and audio i will see into the so called lightboxes. But for now this is the maximum result.

Cheers,

Evert

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.8.

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

The support team told me it;s not possible to put an image in the popover.

Is it possible to put a backgroud image in the popover?

That might solve my wish.

Thanks,

Evert

#2 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hi Evert - Can you include the url to your site for us to troubleshoot, please? Also do you have an example of what you are trying to accomplish (say another site with the popover the way you want it)?

#3 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi,

The url:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

if you hover the link, you will see the popover.

Is it possible to put an image (ideal) or background-image (second best) in the popover?

Thanks, Evert

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Hi Evert,

I imagine that if you add a unique class in the popover code, then write some CSS for it, you can add a background, however, I would expect to see some issues regarding the positioning, size and opacity of the background that could cause problems.  I'd recommend a background color, not an image.

At present, I'm not seeing any popovers on the link provided.  Did you remove them?

#5 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You'll find the popover's here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Try clicking Personal Excellence and you'll see it. I managed to solve several problems.

For instance on ipad and iphone the hover is a disaster. I managed to find and change the source code. Now you can click to see, and click to hide. The background and color is changed. I managed to change the content to HTML but still no images appear.

So i think there is no solution. Anyone?

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Evert,

I'm not sure if there is a solution or not, but a wise friend once told me that when something works, don't try to fix it.  As I mentioned, adding an image might cause more problems. For example, the font being thin, might not show up. If the image has many things in the image, then your visitors won't be able to see the text.  Also, I believe the toolips can adjust in size based on the browser or device. If you have a fixed backgroun image size, then it won't resize and your site will have problems.

#7 evert100

evert100

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:28 PM   Best Answer

Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. The popover or tooltip windows won't resize anyway because there is a hardcoded width.

If you look at my website then you'll see it with the iphone for example.

It is possible however to work with <b> f.i. in the popover. You only have to change the code.

For images and audio i will see into the so called lightboxes. But for now this is the maximum result.

Cheers,

Evert