Photo
- - - - -

"Static" Layout Mode causes Trouble on Mobile Devices

static layout mode mobile smartphones trouble bug mobile devices

Best Answer Simon_P , 24 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Static width generally means static, ie fixed.

So unless your mobile has 1200px width screen it will look weird ;)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi!

I just realized that I used the wrong site layout mode ("Responsive with Pixel Width"): This causes the page to "shrink" when the user views the page in a browser window that's smaller than the site size (1100 pixels). Means the columns of all three areas (main content area, primary siebar, secondary sidebar) are displays smaller tahn they should. That looks terible!

That's why I switched to "Sttic with Pixel With" mode - that's better ... but only on desktop browsers.

When you watch the site on a mobile device (smartphone), this "Static" mode causes not only a black background, but this backgroud lays partially over tho two sidebar areas! Please see the screenshot attached. The original site look you'll find here: mobiwatch.de

So my question is: is this a bug? Or how can I make Pagelines show a static page that looks good on mobile devices, too?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

#2 lutz

lutz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Okay, made it! Just changed the black background colour to white.

Don't know what's the difference concerning the layout, but it works - that's all that counts ... ;))

#3 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:06 PM   Best Answer

Static width generally means static, ie fixed.

So unless your mobile has 1200px width screen it will look weird ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: static, layout, mode, mobile, smartphones, trouble, bug, mobile devices