Photo
- - - - -

Features went black after Wordpress 3.5 Update.

wordpress 3.5 pagelines professional

Best Answer James B , 23 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hi Jbekefy

The black background is the standard slider background, what the site is saying by showing that is it can't seem to find your images. I see you're using a cache plugin, if you dump the cache file and then deactivate. Then republish each of the slides to see if it resets the images.

If that doesn't work, deactivate all third party plugins and see if any of them are causing a conflict with the slider.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbekefy

jbekefy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOakland
  • Framework Version:2.2.5

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hi,

Just updated WordPress to 3.5 after ignoring it out of fear for the last few weeks. As soon as I did, my feature images went grey. The scrolling still occurs, as well as the numerical button selection, just can't see the images.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Site is:

www.imz-ural.com

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:19 AM   Best Answer

Hi Jbekefy

The black background is the standard slider background, what the site is saying by showing that is it can't seem to find your images. I see you're using a cache plugin, if you dump the cache file and then deactivate. Then republish each of the slides to see if it resets the images.

If that doesn't work, deactivate all third party plugins and see if any of them are causing a conflict with the slider.

#3 jbekefy

jbekefy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Ok thanks. You the feature images for the briefest moment then they go grey. I'll take your advice and report back, thanks for the prompt assistance.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

You're welcome :-) Please let us know how you get on

#5 jbekefy

jbekefy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationOakland

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

All set. After deactivating all plug-ins, I discovered the culprit, an accordion plug-in that for whatever reason suddenly started causing problems. I purchased an accordion section tool by elSue and couldn't be happier.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Great news!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wordpress, 3.5, pagelines, professional