Photo
CatLoop

CatLoop show image

Best Answer anthalis , 23 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi Suzy,

For CatLoop to display an image on the posts, wherever the section is placed, you need to:

a) set up a featured image for the posts using the option in the post edit section of your wordpress site.

B) make sure that, under PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts in the area Post Thumbnail Placement you have selected Category Lists or, if you are using Magazine Mode, In Post Clips.

If you don't set up a featured image to your posts and set up your PL theme to show them, they will not appear without using a plugin or custom code that will set the first image in your post as the featured image.

As for the plugin/section isssue, I am sorry, I can't replicate the issue. I installed the section fresh on a blog with the most recent version of WordPress (3.5) and PageLines (2.4) with a child theme developed from the Base Theme and CatLoop is located where it should appear.

I hope this solves your current issues. Please refer to the email reply I sent you earlier today for other issues you raised in your email request for support. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

2 questions.

#1. CatLoop is referred to by Pagelines as a "Section", however, it appears as a Plugin in CPanel.

#2. I would like to add a hook to include the image that appears in the post. Is this okay to do?

Thank you!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I have emailed the developer to make them aware of your topic since she has not responded here yet.

#3 anthalis

anthalis

Advanced Member

• Members

• 60 posts
  • Framework Version:Dev. Latest. Always.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:21 PM   Best Answer

Hi Suzy,

For CatLoop to display an image on the posts, wherever the section is placed, you need to:

a) set up a featured image for the posts using the option in the post edit section of your wordpress site.

B) make sure that, under PageLines > Site Options > Blog and Posts in the area Post Thumbnail Placement you have selected Category Lists or, if you are using Magazine Mode, In Post Clips.

If you don't set up a featured image to your posts and set up your PL theme to show them, they will not appear without using a plugin or custom code that will set the first image in your post as the featured image.

As for the plugin/section isssue, I am sorry, I can't replicate the issue. I installed the section fresh on a blog with the most recent version of WordPress (3.5) and PageLines (2.4) with a child theme developed from the Base Theme and CatLoop is located where it should appear.

I hope this solves your current issues. Please refer to the email reply I sent you earlier today for other issues you raised in your email request for support. Let me know if you need more assistance.

#4 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi, Anthalis! You're the greatest. I had to select cat lists.

Here's the weird thing w the plugin/section issue. (Maybe it's not a weird thing at all, maybe I just don't understand.

In any case, SimonSez (ha!) that this is the correct structure, the section w/in the plugin. Go figure.

THANK YOU!

http://www.pagelines...ons-vs-plugins/

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hi Suzy. Do you consider this topic resolved now?

#6 suzyo

suzyo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Yes, thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CatLoop