Photo
- - - - -

A second Blog roll, Archive or News page

Archive page

Best Answer Danny , 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hi,

1. The Archive Page Options control your archive pages such as posts from a specific month etc.. If you wish to create a page and display all your posts, you will need to use a plugin. I recommend you search on the Wordpress Plugin Repository.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

2. You will need to create a Wordpress Custom Menu, more information can be found here - http://support.pagel...us/using-menus/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ludvig

Ludvig

• Members

• 2 posts
  • LocationKungsbacka, Sweden
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Hi!

This might be so elementary and basic WordPress knowledge that I really should be ashamed to ask, but still… :)

I use the front page for the blog roll and will only allow a small number of blog-posts on the front page. To get hold of older posts I'd like to have some kind of archive list page or such. Basically a page that lists all previous blogposts (regardless of category or age) in the manner I choose to present them. In the top menu I'd like to have a link to this archive view/archive page called News (even if it's old news). 

In the Pagelines Drag & Drop settings, you're able to control the layout of the archive template, but this is of course a dynamically rendered page type which can't be applied to a page. My questions are these:

1. When do the settings for Archive (in Drag & Drop and in Page Options) apply, i.e. at what pages? I can't find a single page that uses the archive page template. Category, Author, Blog, Search, Tag and 404 I can find, but no page using the Archive template.

2. How would you solve the News-page link in the top menu as described above?

/LA

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM   Best Answer

Hi,

1. The Archive Page Options control your archive pages such as posts from a specific month etc.. If you wish to create a page and display all your posts, you will need to use a plugin. I recommend you search on the Wordpress Plugin Repository.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. You will need to create a Wordpress Custom Menu, more information can be found here - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Ludvig likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Archive page