• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Developer Edition 2.3

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

A few months ago we launched cboqyouth.ca  And I've just noticed (in Browserstack) that in IE8 and IE9, the main dropdown menus fall behind the feature slider of videos - and become obscured.  Alas, for IE.    

It seems to be a similar issue to the forum post

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

In this case, I also tried to use a z-index: 1; but couldn't find the right selector for this.  Any ideas?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15891 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi,

I have just added a YouTube video to the Features section and then view the site in BrowserLab/BrowserStack and the menu is appearing above the Video. Therefore, I recommend you remove all custom CSS you have added and see if this resolves your issue.

#3 cboq

cboq

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Framework Version:Pagelines Developer Edition 2.3

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Danny,

Thanks for checking this out.  I removed all the custom CSS from my Pagelines Customize plugin, and removed the (small amount of) custom PHP in Pagelines Customize and deactivated the CSS Lite Pagelines plugin - all to no avail.  Hmmmm.

I've tried a few other things (e.g., changing the layout from static to responsive), but nothing seems to be correcting it. 

Does anything else come to mind?  

Or is there a simple way to shut down dropdown menus on IE8 and IE9 through the Browser Specific CSS plugin?

wondering,

Jacob

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hi Jacob. You might be able to use the browser specific plugin and write custom css to tell the submenu to display:none on hover. Hope that helps. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navigation bar, video, css