Photo
- - - - -

CSS for buttons and Google search box

css google search

Best Answer Willem-Siebe Spoelstra , 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hi, I did not manage to get an echo php displayed in the header but I managed to solve it:

add_action('pagelines_inside_top_branding', 'google_counter');
function google_counter(){

?>
<div><?php echo gplus_count(); ?></div>
<?php }
	// end function

I do have an other question. When I pick a font, in my example Yanone Kaffeesatz, It looks totally different in IE and FF and Google. But it sais it is * Denotes Web Safe Fonts

G Denotes Google Fonts, so should it not look the same? When I look at other sites like internetmarketinguniversiteit[dot]nl he did managed to look the Yanone look the same in all browsers...

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi,

I have three things not looking the way it should be.

On my website www [dot] ruzzleonline [dot] nl I have a newsletter optin box in my header.

There is a black button (Gratis Ruzzle niewsbrief >>) in Chrome and FF, but in IE it looks totally different (no rounded corners, grey).

Also when you fil in your name in IE there is a dotted border around the box, I don't like that.

Anyone knows the CSS solution, I use the LESS file so that is also possible.

Second CSS challenge.

I added a search box from google on the left sidebar at the bottom. As you can see it looks very strange, it looks that there is a second box behind the google box and the blue searchbutton is very tiny.

Anyone knows how I can make this look beautifull?

Third challenge. How can I make my submenu 'li' fit the text of the menu item so that all words are on one line?

Kind regards,

Willem

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hi Willem,

1. For the button add the following to your custom CSS and see if this resolves your button issues.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If this doesn't resolve your issue, I recommend you contact the author of the code/plugin you're using.

2. Like above, this from the looks of it is related to the CSS for the code/plugin you're using for your Google Search. As this code is not PageLines, we are unable to provide any support, you will need to contact the author of the code.

#3 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hi,

1) This is just code, not a plugin. But I discover the F12 option in IE, there developer toolbar so I could exactly discover what the problem was.

2) Still busy with that.

3) Did not get reply on this issue.

And I have a new question. I want to use FB/Twitter and Google snippets like on 

But I don't manage to get this in the header with hooks. I can put a signup form in the header, or an advertisment or anything else. But this I don't know.

I have to echo something also, what makes it more difficult.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Willem

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

For your third issue, you need to adjust the width of the <li> submenu (make it wider using this property:

).

As for your new issue, were you inserting the functions into the functions.php file (not the single line code, but the code directly underneath it for each social network)? I think it would be easier to find a plugin that replicates this function.

#5 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hi Catrina,

I really want to use the snippets instead of another plugin. 

I have Pagelines Customize plugin and there it is possible to change the functions.php. This is also what I did to have my e-mail signupform and adsense advertisment show up in header.

But with these snippets, I don't know how to get them in my header. Hope you can help me out with this.

Kind regards,

Willem

PS I will trie that property!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

HI Willem,

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you the custom CSS needed to achieve your layout. If you're not comfortable with custom CSS or code. I recommend you contact one of our Pros for assistance 

#7 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi Danny, CSS is not the problem here, but getting the counter widgets into my header...

I know about the because I use it for my ads and signup form also, but this code excist out of two parts and now I don't know what to do.

Kind regards,

Willem

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Hi Willem,

Not sure what you're referring to when you say counter, can you reply and go into greater detail please.

#9 Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

Willem-Siebe Spoelstra

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAlmere

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:58 PM   Best Answer

Hi, I did not manage to get an echo php displayed in the header but I managed to solve it:

I do have an other question. When I pick a font, in my example Yanone Kaffeesatz, It looks totally different in IE and FF and Google. But it sais it is * Denotes Web Safe Fonts

G Denotes Google Fonts, so should it not look the same? When I look at other sites like internetmarketinguniversiteit[dot]nl he did managed to look the Yanone look the same in all browsers...

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have just tested the font on Chrome and FF and they look the same as far as I am concerned. Therefore, can you create a new topic and provide screenshots of what you're seeing in the different browsers please.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, google search