#1 mindsovermedia

mindsovermedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationVail, CO

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

How can I change the header hyperlink from just going to the home page to another page on the site?  

Do I need to enter code in the CSS Style sheet or Header.php file?  If so, what code and where?

Thanks!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hi,

This can't be done with CSS, therefore you would need to edit the header.php file, on line 62.

#3 mindsovermedia

mindsovermedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationVail, CO

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

This is what is on line 62 - doesn't appear to be where a link to the page should go. Please advise if this is the correct line code, and what code to put in.  If it is another line in the header.php file, let me know what it is and where to put the link at.

<div id="site" class="<?php e_pagelines('colorscheme', 'greybg', $post->ID);?>">

Thanks.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately, because Station Pro is deprecated and so old, few of our team are familiar with it or even have it to examine or test.

It's strongly recommended that you upgrade to PageLines Framework, where replicating the look of Station Pro should be incredibly easy. With Framework, it's easy to do this with a hook.  With Staton Pro, it's going to require editing core files. Even though Station Pro won't be updated, we don't have much ability to support that.

I can say that the line in header.php you're looking for is:

<a class="home" href="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/" title="<?php bloginfo('name');?>">

But you have to replace the  <?php echo get_option('home'); ?> with the full URL you want.

Remember, we cannot support this if it doesn't work.