• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 apattee

apattee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Hi, as you'll be able to see on my site, the main navigation's submenu is going behind the slideshow that I have in my sidebar.  I'm sure it's an easy fix with z-index, but I just can't figure it out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Hi there, is this slider a third party plugin? If it is see if you can see any reference to the z-index in the plugins style.css, I can't see anything on the site using firebug. If you can find reference to it, you can use the following css example to edit it changing the number to suit.

#3 apattee

apattee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Thanks, I found a few references and set them all to a negative number, but that didn't seem to do anything.  Is there a way to set the z-index of the menu so it will appear over?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hi apattee

Looking into the plugin its using the below for the images, z-index of 80 and 81.

This css is being applied inline, our navbar's z-index is 28. So you'll need to edit either or to try and correct it, if it doesn't take, I'd suggest dropping the plugin author an email to see if he's applied any other css which could affect the image z-index.