Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

features customization problem

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

i am trying to customize the features slideshow but i am stuck...

i have 7 feature posts but i would like to display an image on the feature area before the 1st slide is active.

i thought about this can be achieved in 2 ways:

1) that the features don't start by default (so i can put an image on top the feature area with css but than have to deal with hide it when the user will click on a feature nav button...)

2) offset the feature posts array that render the features navigation at the bottom so that the count will start at 0 (so that the first post will be button "0"). So i am going to put the opening image in the first post and than hide with css the 0 button and have only 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 showing. This would be probably the best solution but don't know how to achieve it :(

In both cases i need some help! At least can you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance!!

jack

p.s.- tried to add text and thumb for post nav but nothing shows up (i still see the nav with numbers) see attachment

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Widecue 

If you could give us a little more insight into what you're trying to do. Is it like a modal effect on top of the feature slider?

I wouldn't know about editing the array on this to be honest. You could however recreate the buttons in a graphic program and upload them as feature thumbs in each slides meta options, then use css to hide the first one.

Posted · Report post

HI James,

i did it but nothing changes (i still see the numbers in the nav)....  please see my previous post i have attached a screenshot

thank you!!!!

Posted · Report post

Sorry James,

i didn't enable it from the page options!!!

Thanks

Posted · Report post

No worries, glad you got it working :-)