3 replies to this topic

#1 joshua22

joshua22

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationEast coast

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hello to all -

Let me start by thanking all of you out there. I am new to web development and have been teaching myself how to put a website together. I started with just wordpress and bought the pagelines package. I am a total novice.

On my site passportsonline.org, I had a full navigation bar of pages. I was playing around with the drag and drop aspect to see what did what. As of last night the site was fine and all of the pages were in tact. Today when I opened the site, all of the pages on the navigation were gone except for one. The one that remains, is a subpage of a page that is know gone. When I go to add a new page, I am able ot create the page in the back end but nothing appears in the navigation. 

I was considering setting the pagelines back to the defaults. What do you guys think.

thank you all for taking the time to read this and for your help

Most Respectfully

Joshua

#2 WebWerx

WebWerx

Advocate

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Framework Version:2.2

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Oh! Seems like you are having other issues! Let everyone know when you have the site back up and I'll take a look-see.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hi Joshua,

It's a bit of a guess, but I'd say you did not apply the menu you created to the theme.

So first, let's first check to make sure your menu is still there.  Did you create a named menu in Dashboard > Appearance > Menus?

If you did, are your menu items still there?  If you did not, please create a named menu and add your links to it.  Please be sure to save the name AND save the menu.

On the left, do you see something called Theme Locations?  If so, what is Primary Website Navigation?  If you had no saved menu, it will be blank. If you have now created a named menu, use the drop down list, select the named menu and save the Theme Locations AND save the menu again.

Let us know if this helps.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16504 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Topic locked, see here - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Note: Please do not create duplicate topics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Navigation Bar, Top navigation, Header and Footer Nav, Media Library error