Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Primary sidebar vs Secondary sidebar location

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello All,

I presently have a site that is laid out in a two column format (content on left, primary sidebar on right). 

On certain pages, I want to implement another sidebar making it a three column page.  I want the content to appear between the two sidebars. 

Once I implement the secondary sidebar, my site appears as:  primary sidebar, content, secondary sidebar.  However, I want it to appear as:  secondary sidebar, content, primary sidebar - meaning I always want the primary sidebar to remain on the right with the new (or special (or secondary) sidebar to appear to the left of the content.   

How do I best accomplish this?   

2 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thank you Catrina.  It worked like a charm.  Please mark as closed/resolved. 

-------

Edit:  Sorry Catrina.  I spoke too soon.  I simply dragged the Primary Sidebar to SB2 and the Secondary Sidebar to SB1 (in D & D) thinking that would solve my issue.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  I am sure you understand what I am trying to do.  I am sure what you told me is likely the answer.  Somehow, it went over my head.  

Again, I have the site setup pretty much as I want it.  The bulk of the site is two columns with the content on the left and the Primary Sidebar on the right.  On a few pages in the PageLines Meta Setup, I have chosen the 3 column option:  SB, Content, SB.  Presently (my original issue), when I view the site those pages appear as:  Primary Sidebar, Content, Secondary Sidebar on the pages where I want three columns.  I would like it appear as Secondary Sidebar, Content, Primary Sidebar.  As you can see, I want the Primary Sidebar to always remain on the right and on those pages where I want/need the additional Sidebar, I want to keep the Primary Sidebar on the right and the Secondary Sidebar to appear to the left of the content. 

Posted · Report post

On those select pages where you want 3 columns, you'll need to select the left column, 2-sidebar layout in PageLines Meta Settings (in the page editor for those pages): http://support.pagelines.me/docs/miscellaneous/pagelines-meta-settings/. You can set up the sidebars and widgets accordingly in Drag & Drop and the Widgets screen.