1 reply to this topic

#1 vibekestorm

vibekestorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi there

I'm trying to customize a menu on a client's website. But I'm having trouble doing it. Everything I try don't seem to work. I have made the background colour the right colour: #343434 and the text colour in the menu the right colour: #ffffff.

But the hoover is giving me a hard time. And also the dropdown menu to. I want everything in the menu (hoover + dropdown) to have the same background colour and the text to be white all over the menu includng dropdown and hoover.

I would be so happy if somebody could help when since I've been sitting with it for hours now and can't seem to get it right.

Best regards,

Vibeke

The website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi Vibeke,

All hovers for links etc.. use the hover pseudo class, the easiest way to find the correct class is to use Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools ( I recommend Chromes) and then highlight your navigation menu item so that it displays the color for the links and then click on the cursor in a box icon (see image) from there you can select the element state and find the correct code for the hover.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: css, menu, dropdown