Photo
- - - - -

CSS menu dropdown

css menu dropdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 vibekestorm

vibekestorm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hi there

I'm trying to customize a menu on a client's website. But I'm having trouble doing it. Everything I try don't seem to work. I have made the background colour the right colour: #343434 and the text colour in the menu the right colour: #ffffff.

But the hoover is giving me a hard time. And also the dropdown menu to. I want everything in the menu (hoover + dropdown) to have the same background colour and the text to be white all over the menu includng dropdown and hoover.

I would be so happy if somebody could help when since I've been sitting with it for hours now and can't seem to get it right.

Best regards,

Vibeke

The website:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 19206 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi Vibeke,

All hovers for links etc.. use the hover pseudo class, the easiest way to find the correct class is to use Firebug or your browsers built-in web dev tools ( I recommend Chromes) and then highlight your navigation menu item so that it displays the color for the links and then click on the cursor in a box icon (see image) from there you can select the element state and find the correct code for the hover.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content